Rice, 180 gr
4 King prawns, unpeeled
1 Squid, fresh
Olive oil, 50 cc
Fish fumet, 500 cc
2 Tomatoes, grated
1 Red pepper
Garlic, 3 cloves
Saffron, a pinch
Parsley, 1 sprig
Paprika, 1 tsp
Salt and pepper, 1 pinch each
- Heat the olive oil in a paella pan.
- Add the squid (seasoned just wit ground pepper). Cook 30 seconds each side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Repeat with king prawns.
- Add the red pepper and garlic and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until liquid evaporates.
- Add the rice and cook with the tomatoes for 2 minutes more.
- Add the majao and mix well with rice and tomatoes.
- Add the fish fumet (previously warmed) and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes
- Add the squid and prawns and cook over high heat for 3 minutes more to create the crust (“pegao” or “socarrat”)
- Serve with fresh lemon and aioli
Peel the red pepper and add to a mortar with the garlic, parsley, saffron and a pinch of salt. Crush all these ingredients until they become a paste. Reserve.